They had a super fun pumpkin display in front of the store. We wandered over to the beer aisle to check out the selection and picked this up, Life and Limb, a collaboration between Sierra Nevada and Dogfish Head Breweries. It was a dark ale with maple and birch syrups- super complex flavors and very strong!
Dinner was a whole wheat pasta with eggplant, zucchini, and tofurkey sausage tomato sauce. The eggplant and zucchini were from the farmer’s market and the pasta and tofurkey were from whole foods.
- Saute diced garlic for 5 min.
- Add chopped eggplant and cook for 8 min.
- Add chopped zucchini and cook for 5 min.
- Stir in 1 jar of tomato sauce
- In a separate pan, saute 1 chopped tofurkey dog for 5 min.
- Add tofurkey dog to sauce and continue cooking for 5 min.
- Cook noodles to package directions
- Serve with some noodles and sauce on top (I like lots of sauce!)
The picture doesn’t really do it justice, but this meal was amazing, and simple to put together!